Thursday, June 24, 2010
So I could take this off FB. ~ What was I thinking?!
Alot of you know last Feb., I got in contact with my 18 yr. old half-brother. I never had my biological Dad in my life without it being a mess. The only memories I have of him, are definately not good ones. My brother asked if he could tell Larry about me, and my dumb ass said okay, after a week of thinking about it. Now, Larry, Danny & Larrys girlfriend are coming to visit. I received an email yesterday from Lori (the girlfriend), and panic set in. Apparently my Aunt Sandy, Uncle Joff & cousin Lizzie are coming in from MO. & want to see Drake & I...So do my uncle Gerald & Aunt Linda. I am completely overwhelmed now, and frankly, getting pissed about the whole situation. All these people dropped me out of their lives YEARS ago & now they want to see us?! Larry calls me his DAUGHTER??! Ugh. I don't know that I want them in Drakes life. I have enjoyed getting to know my brother, but I opened a whole different can of worms when I gave the okay for him to tell our "father". Just needed to vent, any thoughts on this are welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean my dad and his side of the family just decided never to speak to me again, so once we got engaged now they want to talk to me. It's like if you werent there for me in the bad, why would I want you here for the good? I think that you should just see how things work out. If you can't stand the people then drop them out of your life just as quickly as they dropped you. It doesn't matter sometimes if it is family because "family" can have some shitty ass people in it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, with me my dad and that side will talk to me and invite me to stuff. But my dad was never ever there for me. He always expects me to come to him. And he has 3 other daughter, and a step daughter plus his sons. And I have them all on Facebook, and like on Fathers Day and today is his birthday, I see his other daughters telling him how much they love him and thanking him for always being there and doing everything for him. But I always wanna say "what about me?" but I just try to forget about it and blow it off. You're gonna have people like that in life. I just try to think about the family that was actually there for me and my friends. And you need to do whats best for Drake. If you really think them coming is a bad idea for you and him, you need to tell them. Its not your fault that they decided to stop talking to you.
ReplyDeleteShanon, I know we have already talked about this, but you have to do what is best for you and Drake. Sperm does not make a man a father. You don't "owe" these people anything. If you don't want to see them then don't.
ReplyDeleteI agree with both Ash and Kym.. do what is best for you! You have to be happy and so does your son!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kym! Sperm definitely does not make the guy your father. My sister (he has a different dad) used to call her dad the "Sperm Donor". Shes actually starting to talk to him more now..but with my dad he has so many kids I think he forgets about me.
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies. I talked to Danny, & explained that about me not being comfortable with things. I probably won't see him much, but, he is the only one I WILL see!
ReplyDelete